Interview with Evin McMullen (Disco)
Decentralized Identity and Reputation
I had so much fun sitting down with Evin McMullen to chat about her Web3 startup, Disco. Disco is building a trustless and portable identity and reputation system with decentralized identifiers and verifiable credentials — like a personal data backpack that travels with you across Web3.
Disco has raised venture funding from top investors including Liberty City Ventures, Bitkraft, Coinbase Ventures, Polychain Capital, Winklevoss Capital, Queensbridge Venture Partners, A* Capital, Raised In Space, and Fourth Revolution Capital.
Watch our fireside chat (part of our Crypto Driven interview series) where we discuss:
- how Disco enables users to own and control data written about them
- the power of decentralized identifiers and verifiable credentials
- the importance of privacy, consent, and self-expression in Web 3.0
- current and future utility of Disco data backpacks
- prioritizing human-centered design
- building a team with globally diverse perspectives