Interview with Jack Lu (Magic Eden)
The Creator-Focused, Multi-Chain NFT Marketplace
On the latest Crypto Driven, I got to sit down with Jack Lu, Co-Founder and CEO of Magic Eden. Magic Eden is the leading NFT marketplace on Solana.
Since launching in September 2021, Magic Eden has grown quickly to about 10M unique user sessions per month. To date, Magic Eden’s platform has over $2.5 billion in total NFT trade volume. Last week, the company expanded to Polygon as it continues to pursue a multi-chain future.
Over the summer, Magic Eden raised a $130 million Series B co-led by Electric Capital and Greylock Partners, as well as Lightspeed Ventures.
During our conversation, Jack discussed:
- How he and his team hustled and innovated to overtake competitors and become the leading NFT marketplace on Solana
- How Magic Eden’s focus on the creator experience and the crypto community helped them differentiate early on
- Why he decided to build its marketplace on Solana first and his strategy for expanding multi-chain
- How the company supports their creators both technically and emotionally during their launches and beyond
- Why the collectibles use case for NFTs has staying power, even through a bear market, driven by individual creators
Crypto Driven is a global community and interview series run by FirstMark Capital that dives into the latest trends, emerging platforms, and top companies across the crypto & web3 ecosystem. Crypto Driven is hosted by me (@lisamxu) and my FirstMark colleague Matt Turck (@mattturck).