Interview with Jack Lu (Magic Eden)
The Creator-Focused, Multi-Chain NFT Marketplace
Since launching in September 2021, Magic Eden has grown quickly to about 10M unique user sessions per month. To date, Magic Eden’s platform has over $2.5 billion in total NFT trade volume. Last week, the company expanded to Polygon as it continues to pursue a multi-chain future.
Over the summer, Magic Eden raised a $130 million Series B co-led by Electric Capital and Greylock Partners, as well as Lightspeed Ventures.
During our conversation, Jack discussed:
- How he and his team hustled and innovated to overtake competitors and become the leading NFT marketplace on Solana
- How Magic Eden’s focus on the creator experience and the crypto community helped them differentiate early on
- Why he decided to build its marketplace on Solana first and his strategy for expanding multi-chain
- How the company supports their creators both technically and emotionally during their launches and beyond
- Why the collectibles use case for NFTs has staying power, even through a bear market, driven by individual creators